The Martin D-28 has been the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more. It’s no surprise because the D-28 is crafted with East Indian rosewood, which is very resonant and offers deep bass and rich overtones. It is a well-balanced guitar for all playing styles. It also combines vintage appointments like open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard with a modern neck profile for a fast, comfortable playing experience. Previously available only in full gloss, Martin has now added two new finish options to this longtime staple so future music legends like you can rock the one that suits your personal style and budget. You can now opt for a full satin-finished body (top, back, and sides) with your choice of an aging-toner top or an amberburst top. Which one will you choose?
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Electronics: Optional
* Fishman Gold Plus Natural I
* Fishman Infinity Matrix
* Fishman Presys Plus
* Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend
* LR Baggs Anthem